- About Us
- Faculty & Research
- News & Events
- Positions Available
An Undergraduate Student Petition must be completed for various issues which may arise during a students academic career (i.e., course substitutions within a major, identification of UCSD course equivalents for a community college or other university's courses, etc.). Petitions are required under the following circumstances:
- Requesting to enroll in a course without the proper prerequisites.
- Requesting to substitute a course with transfer units. (You don't need to do this if the course taken at your former college is listed on the UCSD Course Approximation Form.)
- Requesting to take electives not on the preapproved list.
- Requesting to graduate with one D in your major.
- Requesting to substitute a course from classes taken abroad. You will need to submit a petition to the NanoEngineering Department the quarter before you leave.
Petition forms are available online at http://registrar.ucsd.edu/forms/UNstudentpetition.pdf or the Student Affairs Office. The Department Undergraduate Affairs Committee constituted of six faculty members will meet once a week to review the petitions.
You must provide documentation from the community college/university course in the form of a full syllabus (not just the course catalog description), homework or graded exams, and a textbook (suggested).
- B.S. NanoEngineering
- B.S. Chemical Engineering
- Student Resources
- Academic Resources
- JSOE ABET
- Career Information
- WASC Educational Learning