Current students may see academic advisors during walk-in hours or by an appointment in our offices, SME 241 A/B. For general questions, continuing and transfer students can use the Virtual Advising Center (VAC). The Virtual Advising Center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except on holidays. Post your question there and an academic advisor will respond to your question within 72 business hours unless there is a holiday break then they will be answered when the offices reopen. Please note, no advising questions will be answered over the phone or via email.
Academic Advising Sessions
Walk-in sessions typically last 10-15 minutes and include:
- Degree audit checks and corrections (can be requested after Week 2 of each quarter)
- Academic planning review for the upcoming quarter only
- Academic forms review (double-major petitions, EAP, OAP, International Student Forms, etc.).
- Academic questions NOT involving a long-term plan
- Academic Difficulty
- Appointments are not necessary for the above inquiries
Appointments are 20-30 minutes and include:
- Long-term academic planning review. Create and print out your academic plan (2, 3, or, 4-year) prior to your appointment
- Appointment for long-term academic planning can be requested after Week 2 of each quarter
- Students must have completed CENG 1 or 4 or NANO 1 or 4 to request an appointment for long-term planning. If not, advisors will only review 1-2 future quarters.
How to schedule an appointment for long-term academic planning:
- We do not schedule same-day appointments.
- Appointments are not required during the morning advising hours. We welcome walk-ins during the morning advising times.
- Appointments are required in the afternoon for long term planning due to a high-volume of advising sessions.
- Review the advising hours above and send us a message through the Virtual Advising Center (VAC) with three dates and times that you are available to meet. An advisor will confirm your request.
For more in-depth information about the programs, curriculum, advising and student resources, please check out our
Please review our Academic Planning Tips which was discussed in Summer and Transfer prep orientation.