The mission of the University of California, San Diego is to transform California and a diverse global society by educating, generating and disseminating knowledge and creative works, and engaging in public service.
In the Department of NanoEngineering, we aim to:
- Educate tomorrow’s technology leaders
- Conduct leading edge research and drive innovation
- Transfer discoveries for the benefit of society
Our educational objectives are:
- Equip our graduates with strong technical backgrounds, enabling them to be successful in careers that cross traditional areas of applied science and engineering.
- Prepare our graduates to be fluent in a multidisciplinary body of knowledge for participating in and seeding new technologies.
- Train graduates into the high-technology workplace with professional, scientific, and technical skills; who conduct themselves ethically and knowledgeably in a wide range of professional environments.